|This is a brief guide with the initial pointers to get users started.|
First, you are assumed to have already read the initial information at:
- User Resources -> User Support -> Basics
Second, you are assumed to have applied successfully for access to resources via:
Third, you should have requested to open an account on one or more systems via:
- User Resources -> User Support -> Form: Access issues (Login/ssh)
Finally, once granted access, you should go straight away to the Training Portal
and try to compile and run (submit) the examples available there:
- https://www.linksceem.eu/ATutor/content.php?cid=414 # compiling jobs
- https://www.linksceem.eu/ATutor/content.php?cid=423 # submitting jobs
You may need to tune the Software Environment via modules mechanism.
Once the examples from the training portal are executing fine,
you have sufficient skills to try submitting your own jobs!
Do keep the training examples somewhere in your directory,
because they may be useful later on in verifying system correctness.
Please, remember to report any worthy issues via the available helpdesk forms:
- Access issues
- Batch systems issues
- Compiler or run-time issues
- I/O issues
- Software Installation issues
- Web server issues
- Other issues
As a last work, familiarize yourself with the above-mentioned information;
it should save you
& others time over the course of your HPC activities.